H-1B visa issue
The US has said on the H-1B issue that we value the investment of Indian companies. Also, seek a strong economic relation between the US and India. A few days ago Arun Jaitley talked with his American Counterpart Steven Nuchen on the H-1B visa.
External Affairs spokesperson Mark Toner said, “We want relations between India and America to be stronger in the field of business.”
Toneer was asked about the H-1B visa review and the impact it had on Indian companies.
Toner said, “We are grateful to Indian companies for investing in the US economy, because of them thousands of people are joining us.”
“If there is any need to apply for a visa, then it will be updated soon,” Trump Administration is in the process of strengthening the visa process. ”
Visa process is reviewed
Toner said, “It is important to keep in mind that how counselor officers and ambassadors sitting in distant countries work. Any process is always reviewed so that not only can it be strengthened, but the security of Americans Also possible. ”
During his visit to America, Jaitley said the US finance minister Nuchen had an impact on the Indian companies about the reductions in H-1B visas.
Let’s tell that Donald Trump has signed an executive order to prevent the misuse of the H-1B visa. Its purpose is to employ more people on skilled and salaried jobs.
After all, why not try H-1B?
Indeed, in the US, there has been talk of hardening H-1B rules to overcome rising unemployment.
It is alleged that many companies bring America to workers on lesser salaries than other countries. This reduces opportunities for Americans to get jobs and unemployment increases.
An officer of the Trump Administration said, “Our country also has qualified professionals who can fulfill the needs of companies.”
Explain that a few days ago the Trump Administration issued a policy memorandum. It was said that computer programmers would not be eligible for H-1B visas.
What is the H-1B visa?
- The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa.
- Under this, American companies can keep foreign theoretical or technical experts on their own.
- Under the H-1B visa, technology companies recruit hundreds of thousands of Employees each year.
- The USCIS releases H-1B visas to over 20,000 students for 65 thousand Foreign Employees and Higher Education (Masters degree or more) in the General category.
- In April 2017, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) received 1 lakh 99 thousand H-1B Pitts.
- In the US, 1 million 72 thousand 748 visas were released in 2015, i.e. 103% more. These students must have been studied in any US institute. They should have subject science, engineering, technology and mathematics.
- Let us know that last month US Court found 2 Indians accused of H-1B visa fraud. If both prove to be proved wrong, then they can be fined for 20 years or fine of 1.6 crores or both.
America has already increased fees
The US has increased H-1B and L-1 visa fees in January 2016. For H-1B it has been increased from $ 2000 to $ 6000 and $ 4,500 for L1.
This rule is for those companies with 50 or more implications in the US and more than 50% of these are working on H-B or L-1 visas.